Thursday, October 11, 2007

Acupressure? Uh ya what is that.


So one of my new classes for this quarter is Acupressure. I knew it was something with Chinese healing but that is about all. So off to class I go. Well class starts and we are talking about Tao then Ying and Yang and the Chi. So at this point I was a little unsure about this Acupressure. Chi is about the seasons and that are life or energy is like the seasons it changes. Summer we are full of energy then late summer comes and are energy lessens. Fall comes and are energy is just at a steady we harvesting what we need. Then Winter comes and we store. So are energy is low. Then Spring comes and are energy starts to grow again, just like the flowers. Then we are back at Summer where are energy is alive. We then discussed how are life can resemble water. The part like the best about the water is when water is still you can see deep down and it also reflects. Something we all need to do in our life's. Probably the best part of the class was when are teacher had us close are eyes and vision that there was a ball in our hands. It was crazy. I could feel the heat and pressure. I could not close my hands together it was like a force was pushing them. We then did it with partners and it was so cool to not only feel your energy but to feel your partners energy pushing against you was crazy.. So in the end Acupressure is going to be fun but I am not sure I am the next Chinese healer.

2 comments:

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

Confuscious say, "You underestimate your self, Sara-san. Belief in yourself is like the seed of a dandelion. One little puff is all you need to send yourself floating along the breeze."

Hey, it's a Chinese proverb, don't complain to me that it doesn't make sense.

;0)

Trent & Emily Davies said...

Okay seriously how am I suppose to post something after that? Sean's super comment of the day!

Man I have learned so much from you going to school! You should go to school more often and then teach me everything so I can be super smart like you!